Tuesday 9 March 2010

think, think, think

... i've come to an annoying problem whilst rigging (well I actually found it a month or so ago, but I just left it be). Ideally for my facial rig, along with individual controls for the face (R_eyebrow_01, 02, 03 etc), I would have a single controller to the side of the face with custom attributes for 'Smile', 'Angry', 'Sad' etc and driven keys onto the ready placed controllers, so in theory, I would crank the 'Smile' att to 10 and the driven keys would tell the individual controllers to place themselves appropriately the make the character smile...

... however such that is the annoyance of driven keys, am I'm still trying to find a simple method to do this that avoids mel scripting (don't have the time, perhaps after uni I'll spend a few weeks cracking it properly), as once you set an object to 'driven' with the driven keys, it immediately becomes non-keyable, however if you thought you could simply parent it to another controller and set driven keys on that instead, hide the parent and still be able to animate the original, because if you parent an object (or even create a new group from it) to another, and move the parent, the child object will still have values of 0, as if it was never moved and therefore wont affect the mesh with the cluster/blendshape setup...

... haha, I wanted to avoid 'geeking out' too much and keep it simple, hahaha...


... anyways I was also thinking about perhaps using parent/point/orient constraints, but then I know that using the constraints will render the object immovable anyway, grrr, think I'll just have to have a go every now and again, and keep working on making my rigs better and more animation. Will post as soon as I crack it...

No comments:

Post a Comment